Weightloss Ticker

Friday, September 24, 2010

I guess I treat my kids like Slaves....... Do You?

So I got the comment one day( from a person that I really don't like anyways) about how I treat my kids like slaves. I know this is coming from my husbands Ex, but whatever.

I have my kids do one chore a day and make sure to pick up after themselves. They say, 'Yes Mam/Sir' and 'No mam/sir', they always want to help out, and they love having movie nights with the parents. They think it is cool when we devote a night just to them.

I  have an excellent bond and relationship with my step-children. They might not always speak highly of me (especially when Hayle is PMS'ing and getting in trouble with her father, always my fault BTW) but that happens when they begin to get into their teenage years.

I am a good parent that wants my kids to learn responsiblility and how to care for themselves................ So my question is, When someone says that just because I don't pick up after my kids, my kids have chores (even the 4 yr old), or I want my kids to concentrate on school and not the little kids down the street, is that treating them like slaves?

I go to school, I cook supper most every night, I am a constant voice for my children, and I want them to be weel adjusted children.................... Slaves or How I was raised................. You choose! Just don't judge me if my kids are NOT the ones running up and down the isles at the local grociery store, screaming, and acting like brats!!

No comments:

Post a Comment